Best Propane Tankless Water Heater 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
A propane tankless water heater can be a very great choice for providing hot water as well as for saving energy. With continuing improvements, the propane tankless water heater companies are nowadays offering options that were unavailable a few years ago. Provided that you choose the correct one, a best propane tankless water heater could turn out to be among the smartest investments that you make at your home. These compact heaters also provide hot water for instant usage instead of storing the water in a tank and then letting heat energy to drain away.
If you’re considering adding one or even more propane tankless water heaters to your house, then these guidelines on how to choose a propane tankless heater should aid you in all your decision-making processes.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST PROPANE TANKLESS WATER HEATER
Propane tankless water heaters are currently used at every place like homes or business due to the increasing demand of these water heaters. Due to the availability of a wide range of products on the market, different factors are needed while choosing the best propane tankless water heater. As a result, one should always have in-depth knowledge concerning some of the best propane hot water heater available in the markets.
There are several brands to choose from and every brand is slightly different from one another. Some water heaters help to provide environment-friendly technologies while others have put their major focus on power and efficiency. Thus, you should find the precise brand that matches your need. Below are the factors to consider when buying the best propane hot water heater:
In order to make sure that you get a right water heater capable of providing properly heated water, you have to figure out the average temperatures of the water is in your area so as to easily find a water heater for that specific temperature. When the average temperatures of your area are cold then a stronger propane water heater is required.
Best Propane Tankless Water Heater 2017
In comparison with the typical water heaters, the propane tankless water heaters normally guarantee vital energy savings. The propane tankless water heaters run at a rate of 2-5 gallons per minute. The benefits of some of the highly rated Bosch propane tankless water heaters are that they usually operate only when there is a requirement for warm water.
This, in turn, helps to reduce the energy prices. They are very more reliable as well. If the water heater is sized properly, it will effortlessly deliver a never-ending provision of water at the predetermined temperature levels. The tankless water heaters are available in a completely different design and also vary in their selections within the market to serve different functions. Here are the top 5 best propane tankless water heaters:
#1 TAKAGI T-KJR2-OS-LP Outdoor Propane Tankless Water Heater Review
The T-KJR-OS-LP tankless water heater is the most compact heater in the Takagi line. It has been designed to produce radiant heating and endless hot water for smaller homes. The Takagi T-K Jr. uses the same state-of-the-art technology as the previous Takagi units – only which it’s on a smaller scale.
This small and powerful unit is capable of meeting all the hot-water requirements of a small home or apartment. The Takagi T-K Jr. is designed to replace the conventional 40-gallon tank heaters. This compact and wall mounted water heater support hydronic baseboard or the radiant floor heating applications.
- The heater is capable of heating water that serves the capacity of 1-2 Bathrooms
- The Takagi T-K Jr has a flow Rate of maximum 6.6 GPM
- Gas Inputs are 19,500-140,000 BTU/ hour
- The heater’s Energy Factor Rating is 0.83
- Inlet Gas Pressure of Max 14.0″ W.C/ Min 8.0″ W.C.
- Dimensions: 20.3″ H by 13.8″ W by 6.7″ D
- The Takagi T-K Jr has a Direct Vent Capability
- The heater also features an electric Ignition
- Manual reset higher limit switch
- Internal Freeze-Protection Systems
- Vertical or Horizontal Installation
=> Check out the complete list of Takagi Tankless Water Heater Reviews Now !!!
#2 RINNAI V65EP 6.6 GPM Outdoor Low NOX Propane Tankless Water Heater Review
Available in 3 models, the Rinnai V65EP is suitable for small and mid-sized homes. The Rinnai’s new Value Series Condensing Water Heaters normally offer all the same benefits that both builders and homeowners expect from Rinnai. You should never run out of the hot water again and enjoy the convenience, space savings, and ease of installation and the peace of mind for which the model is famous.
Delivering an EF (Energy Factor) of .82, Rinnai’s tankless units are ideal for commercial and residential applications and they can be banked on even for greater capacity.
- Energy Factor of .82
- Significant space savings as compared to the tank-style water heaters
- Energy Star qualified
- Temperature range with the standard MC-91-2US controller is 98F-120F
- Certified for the installation in manufactured homes
- The enhanced scale detection normally lessens the possibility of serious and long-term damage to the water heater
- Leak detection automatically shuts off the water so as to limit property damages
- Temperature lock prevents unauthorized or accidental changes to the water temperature
- Satisfies SCAQMD (South Coast Air Quality Management Districts) with requirements of not more than 14 ng/J for the ultra-low NOx emissions
- Residential Warranty of 10-year heat exchanger /1-year labor/5-year parts
=> Check out the complete list of Rinnai Tankless Water Heater Reviews Now !!!
#3 BOSCH 520 HN LP Therm Propane Tankless Water Heater Review
The Bosch 520 HN LP is a propane powered tankless water heater which uses the Piezo ignition push up buttons. It runs automatically whenever there’s propane. It does not require supervision and also doesn’t need batteries or electricity to function. This makes it this propane tankless heater to be perfect for areas like cottages, camps or cabins.
The Bosch 520 HN Therm model has the pilot light in addition to the Piezo push ignition button. The water heater uses a modulating gas valve so as to ensure a constant temperature at different flow rates. The 520 HN Therm is also perfect for smaller families as well as cabins which use a single hot water application at a time. The Bosch 520 HN’s maximum input is 74,900 BTU per hour.
The Bosch Therm is a direct replacement for Bosch AquaStar 1000P, Bosch AquaStar 38B and the Bosch GWH 260 PN.
- Piezo ignition system which does not require electrical connection
- 78 percent thermal efficiency
- 75,000 BTUs maximum input
- 3.3 gallons/minute capacity just at 35F degree rise
- Endless hot water supply for a single application at a time
- Minimum activation flow rates of 0.5 gallons/minute
- The Bosch Therm also has high to low-temperature controls
- The tankless heater also has vents with the galvanized B-vent as a natural draft
- Built for serviceability and durability with 15 years warranty and 20+ years life expectancy
- Uses Liquid Propane as the source of power
=> Check out the complete list of Bosch Tankless Water Heater Reviews Now !!!
#4 ECCOTEMP L5 Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater Review
Get the luxury of enjoying hot water anywhere you go with the stylish, compact and sleek Eccotemp Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater. The Eccotemp Portable Propane Tankless Heater has been simply designed so as to offer efficacy. The water heater proves to be a viable option to carry for camping, overnight outdoor stays and outings. Featuring a lightweight design and a space saving design, the water heater fits easily on the backseat of a car.
The L5 Portable Tankless Heater from Eccotemp has been made from copper and stainless steel for unrivaled longevity and strength. It has a great white finish that looks simple and sophisticated as well. The water heater comes with the CSA regulator for using with the standard 20-pound propane tank. It also has the 20-minute automatic safety shutoff timers and comes with the battery igniter so as to ensure that no electricity is required for functioning this heater.
- The L5 Portable Tankless Heater has an On/Off shower head which is included
- Garden hose adapter is also included
- The L5 Portable Tankless Heater includes the CSA regulator to be used with the standard 20 lbs. propane tank
- The heater has the 20 minute automatic safety shutoff timers
- Battery igniter means that no electricity is needed
- Heater ranges between 20 and 80 PSI
- The shower nozzle on the heater can be removed
- Maximum temperature of 135 degree F
- Provides approximately 18 hours of hot water supply
- The L5 Portable Tankless Heater can also be attached to the sink
#5 Marey Power 10L Propane Tankless Water Heater Review
Marey Power Gas Tankless Heater delivers limitless hot water with optimum energy efficiency. The Marey Power Tankless Water Heater is very easy to install and also includes the auto ignition feature. This energy-saving tankless water heater heats up in few seconds and only uses gas while the water is flowing. The Marey Tankless Water Heater is available in natural gas and LP models.
- The Marey Tankless Water Heater lasts a lifetime with up to 87 percent efficiency
- It’s rustproof, has no leaks and does not have any water loss problems
- No electrical connection needed
- The Marey Tankless Water Heater has a compact design which saves space
- The natural gas heater’s installation is very easy
- It provides unlimited water
- The heater activates the moment the faucet valve is opened
- Produces hot water in a few seconds
- 5-year warranty
- The Marey Tankless Water Heater has the optional output temperatures digital display
Benefits Of Propane Tankless Water Heater
There are many benefits of going with a propane tankless water heater. From the increased energy efficiency and low operating costs to the space savings and the extended lifespan, here are the benefits of the best propane tankless water heaters:
- No Cold Showers: In case you have teenagers in your house, you are probably used to taking cold showers early in the morning. A propane tankless heater makes the cold showers a thing of the past. Bearing in mind that the water is heated as you require it, there is no cold showers and running out as well. A 50-gallons electric water heater might take more than an hour to recover completely the hot water.
- More Hot Water: Propane tankless heaters allow one to run several appliances at the one time. You can take a shower as the laundry and dishwasher continue working. In addition, a tankless water heater will enable you to take full advantage of your Jacuzzi tub or Roman bath.
- Lasts Longer: Most tankless water heaters have 10 to 15 year warranty and might last up to 20 years before they can be replaced. Tank units normally have a six-year warranty and they only last 8 to 10 years. You might have to get 2 or 3 tank water heaters for every tankless heater.
- Less Waste: Many propane tankless heaters are made of completely recycled materials. As a result, they result in less waste as compared to the tank units which have to be disposed of in the landfills.
- Saves Money: You save money just by heating water when you require it. While the tank water heaters waste energy while heating water that you are not using, the propane tankless water heaters save energy by using the gas only when you want hot water. This might cut your costs by close to 30 percent per year.
- Space Savings: Tankless heaters can be placed almost everywhere in the house. They can be hung on the walls either outside or inside the house (depending on the climate). This will enable you to regain the valuable closet or floor space.
- Cleaner Water: Traditional water heaters could build up scale and rust inside their tanks where the hot water that you use for drinking and bathing is stored. With the propane tankless heaters, you will experience cleaner and fresher water.
Overall, the propane tankless water heaters can save you a lot of money in the short-term and long-term as well while also providing additional convenience and comfort for your family. It does not take long to notice that the best propane tankless water heaters have many benefits and features which conventional tanks normally miss out on. Although initially defective, the tankless water heaters have come a long way and the way in which they have been designed allows them to be energy efficient, cost-effective and durable.
Once you understand which propane tankless water heater is able to meet your family needs and the benefits which come with switching over from the conventional tanks, it will be quite clear to you why they are a real winner and the perfect choice for any home.