Best Electric Tankless Water Heater Reviews 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
Are you searching for the best electric tankless water heater? Heating water for several functions has nowadays become a basic requirement for every home. To serve this purpose, people are currently using the water heaters that vary across different prices and models. Tankless water heaters are very popular nowadays. They are high power heaters which heat water instantly in an efficient manner.
In addition, they do not retain any water internally. The heater is normally supplied with flow sensors which activate it once the water travels in them. The water then circulates through the device and is warmed by electricity or gas. They are coated with sturdy coatings so as to shield them from the acidic environments.
How To Choose a Best Electric Tankless Water Heater
The heater technology is always changing. Even though all the new heater models are designed to be more energy efficient, this does not mean that you will find them the most cost effective tankless water heater for your family.
Therefore, before buying a high-tech heater, you should take a minute understand how each model works, its pros, cons and the projected payback. Your goal is finding the correct balance between efficiency and performance for your particular home. Here are the factors to consider while choosing an electric tankless water heater:
Although some consumers normally base their purchase of water heaters on the storage tank’s size, the peak hour demand capacity, also known as the FHR (first-hour rating) on the Energy Guide labels, is in fact, the most important figure. FHR is the measure of the amount of hot water that the heater shall deliver during busy hours. Therefore, before buying a tankless electric heater, you should estimate the household’s peak hour’s demand and then look for a heater with an FHR that’s in that range.
Best Electric Tankless water Heater Reviews 2017
In comparison with the typical water heaters, tankless water heaters guarantee significant energy value savings. Tankless water heaters usually supply between 2 to 5 gallons every minute. Check out the electric tankless water heater reviews given below:
The Rheem EcoSense Tankless Electric heater has a rugged copper and brass heat exchanger that’s designed to withstand the tough water conditions for a long time. Its compact and lightweight design saves a lot of space and also enables simple installation in several locations. It’s specially-designed for providing hot water for one bathroom in the warmer climates or a continuous hot water flow at one point-of-use faucet in the colder climates.
- Provides a maximum of around 2.54 GPM continuous water flow at a temperature rise of 35F
- Flow rate provided by the tankless electric heater is dependent on temperature difference of the incoming cold water and the desired delivery temperature of hot water
- Energy efficient and only uses hot water when needed
- It has on-unit LED lights and temperature controls that indicate system operation and active elements
- The modulating control adjusts the power consumption so as to meet the required flow rate and hot water temperature
- Rugged copper and brass heat exchanger is specially designed to withstand the tough water conditions for a longer time
- Compact and Lightweight design saves a lot of space and also enables for simple installation in numerous locations
- Requires a 240-Volt electrical connection for better functionality
- Equipped with a 0.5-inch water connections for an easier installation
- Lifetime warranty
Stiebel Eltron developed the tankless electric water heater’s technology over 90 years ago and has continued as the industry’s pioneer and a world leader. Their manufacturing and engineering traditions of excellence mean that you can fully depend on the reliability and performance of their products.
The Tempra models represent whole house tankless water heaters, Tempra models never waste any energy to store hot water but deliver the energy as you require for as long as you want it.
The Stiebel Eltron compact design does not require venting and allows for installation close to the draw off points, this helps in maximizing the energy savings. The Tempra tankless water heaters have been sized based on your climate and the number of bathrooms.
- Tempra tankless electric heaters are 99 percent efficient and normally result in savings of between 15-20 percent in comparison with the electric tank-type heaters
- The sleek design is significantly smaller than that of a tank which saves space and allows flexibility so as to determine the most ideal location for installation
- Tempra units have to be installed vertically with water fittings pointing downwards
- Tempra tankless heaters usually work better than the tank-type heaters in difficult water environments since they can be set to low temperatures thus minimizing scale formation
- Water connections for the Tempra water heaters should is detachable thus allowing periodic filter cleaning which include flushing for scale in case hard water is present
- Tempra tankless heaters have been ETL Listed so as to compliance with the UL and CSA safety standards in the Canada and US.
The EcoSmart ECO 11 tankless heater is among the most popular electric water heaters that are currently available on the market. There is a wide range of features which make this electric to be exclusive like the highly advanced self-modulating technologies which help to cut down the energy costs to up to 60 percent.
It’s equipped with the digital temperature controls feature which offers one-degree increment and also provides the users with full control over the hot water’s temperatures.
This is a really Smart heater which can be said to be perfect for the whole family especially for areas where temperatures are above 67 degrees F. It can also heat up to 2 gallons per min and at times you can run the sink and shower with 1.5 gallons per minute flow at 105 degrees F output setting. Thus, you might use it as the Point of Use application for the sink in cold climatic conditions.
Further reading: Point of use water heater guideMain Features:
- Runs efficiently. The Ecosmart eco 11 electric heater is well-known to consume very little power as compared to the other models that are available on the market nowadays. By making use of the tankless water heater, it’s possible to save up to 60 percent of your heating costs.
- Advanced technology. The Ecosmart eco 11 tankless water heater makes use of the smart technology which is able to continuously supply hot water to the areas where incoming water temperature is around 67 degrees F and above.
- The tankless water heater usually comes with a lifetime warranty on the electronics exchanger as well as element. The warranty covers only the water heater cost and doesn’t include labor costs.
- Compact model. The Ecosport eco 11 heater is a compact model weighing about 6.5 lbs with product dimensions of 6.5 by 13.5 by 10 inches. The heater can even be fitted in smaller spaces with ease
EcoSmart Tankless Water Heaters, also known as Instantaneous On-Demand Heaters, provides hot water when on demand and only as required. The self-modulating flow sensors technology regulates the energy required so as to heat the water. This Smart Technology electric tankless water heater is configured for climates where incoming water temperature is capable of reaching as low as 37F.
The Ecosmart ECCO 27 is able to heat nearly 3 GPM at this temperature. This is also the largest tankless electric water heater that is available with a Self-Modulating Technology. The models are well-suited for homes that have large Jacuzzi or Roman-style tubs and that generally have more demand for water.
- They have a patented self-modulating design and technology
- The digital temperature control system allows you to set the temperature in increments of 1 degree,
- All EcoSmart electric water heaters usually come with automatically reset table thermostats as opposed to the manually resettable thermostats.
- The integration of all quick connections and components are designed so as to promote simplicity for the user and installer
- Prior to purchasing and installing, you should verify that the model is the correct size for all your hot water requirements
- More powerful. The DHC-E is a powerful and flexible. The DHC-E 12 offers as high as 12 kW output in a very affordable and compact package.
- More flexible and watchable output. The DHC-E 8/10 heater is actually 2 models in one since it has the added advantages of a selectable power output of about 7.2 kW (Stage 1) and 9.6 kW (Stage 2) during the installation through a jumper.
- Sleek Design which Fits in Anywhere. Due to the small dimensions as well as the attractive housing this tankless heater, the DHC-E can be left unconcealed in several applications.
- DHC-E models can also be set to the limit output water temperatures of 109 degrees F for faster results.
- DHC-E tankless water heaters don’t need drains, pressure relief valves or circulating pumps
- DHC-E tankless heaters are also ETL Listed for compliance with UL and CSA safety standards
Benefits Of Electric Tankless Water Heater
The use of hot water usage has nowadays become more energy efficient and convenient. Best tankless water heaters normally deliver more consistent temperatures using less energy. The tankless heaters normally provide hot water at once without any preheating so they end up saving a lot of time. Below are the benefits of using electric tankless water heater:
- Efficiency: Tankless electric water heaters are efficient, both in design and cost. Energy saving methods are applied in the devices so that it becomes more efficient.
- Convenient: The tankless electric hot water heaters can also be installed in smaller spaces like closets and in the crawl spaces. As a result, space is a very reliable feature. The devices normally send hot water to the required sink, dishwasher or shower. The hot water is usually heated on demand as opposed to being stored thus there are no limits to the amount of hot water which can be produced.
- Reliability: The water heaters have very few problems. The problems of unexpected and short bursts of cold water issues are normally solved through the machines. Conventional tanks can also flood and which might cost damages as well as epairs. in addition, they have a lifespan of round 20 years which is extremely high when compared to the tank-type water heaters.
- Eco-friendly: The water heaters normally use little energy and they don’t even produce harmful emissions. In addition, they produce very little greenhouse gas emission into the air with the electric models producing no gas at all. Some specialized brands like eco-smart and eco temp are eco-friendly and they provide all these benefits.
- Clean and safe: Tankless electric water heaters are also good because they do not build upscale or rust. As a result, you can use the water safely while washing or cooking. Furthermore, they are equipped with several safety features which vary from one brand to another.
- Installation flexibility: Outdoor and indoor direct vent brands are available on the market and their installation are low.
- Save space: Tankless water heaters normally take up less space as compared to the traditional water heaters. The heaters can be mounted on the walls either outdoors or indoors which is a very beneficial feature.
With the rising costs of energy as well as environmental awareness in mind today, different electric tankless water heater brands on the market have met and also exceeded the expectations of business and homeowners for water heating solutions. The products have gained considerable success by combining functionality and the new technology in innovative ways to heat water.
The devices utilize technology, enhance our lifestyle and provides hot water at lower costs. As a result, whenever you think of buying an electric tankless water heater, you take into consideration all the above factors so as to end up with best electric tankless water heater.