The 5 Best Takagi Tankless Water Heater Reviews
Takagi Industrial Company is a reputable Japanese manufacturer that has been manufacturing and designing tankless water heaters since 1952. Since then Takagi Company has constantly introduced amazing models and features; including the automated gas control valve systems, direct vent convertible water heater, computer modulating safety system and gas valve, unique safety devices that use air-fuel ratio rod, greater 95 percent thermal efficiency ratings (T-H1 model). Here specially notable that the T-M1 model is the very first multi-gas water heating system for industrial applications. So if you are an industry owner, then probably Takagi Tankless Water Heater is the best solution you desire.
Today, Takagi tankless water heaters manufacturer has several offices in US, Canada and Japan. Furthermore, to purchase one of their models you will have to contact their exclusive dealers or choose to buy them online. But I would suggest that you should buy from online as its the quickest way to purchase any product. Below is the Takagi tankless water heater review.
Why Choose Takagi Tankless Water Heater?
Takagi water heaters are ideal solutions for homeowners who are looking for greater versatility; from the heating potable water heater to application in the recirculation systems. From their smallest model, the T-KJr heaters to the largest model, the T-M50; you’ll find Takagi models that have greater energy efficiency. These use less energy, are environment friendly. These meet or even exceed Low NOx standards as well as those that preserve natural resources by the use of 95 percent recyclable materials.
Just like other well-known tankless heaters, Takagi water heaters provides endless and on demand supply of the hot water. These water heaters usually supply water with their sophisticate features that allows for a steady flow of the hot water with little fluctuation. All Takagi units use a wide range of features to protect the water heating system like overheat sensor, flame sensor, hi-limit switch, air control, thermistors and various ceramic heaters in order to prevent the appliance from freezing when surrounding temperatures drop too low.
Takagi uses small computers for the proper operation of the unit. The computer maximizes the efficiency and also reduces emission of the carbon monoxide gas. Additionally, the computer adjusts and monitors the fuel/air ratio and thus the quality of gas combustion.
Takagi Company is one of the manufacturers of tankless water heaters that offers the Direct Vent convertible heaters. Furthermore, Takagi water heaters that are used in the residential applications have a warranty of 15 years on heat exchanger and 5 years on the other parts. The warranty on commercial usage is 10 years.
To top it off, Takagi tankless heaters are remarkably compact. As such, you can easily install the unit in spaces where traditional tank-type heater wouldn’t be able to fit. In this Takagi tankless water heater review, we shall look at the features and specifications of their top 5 models.
|Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor||Natural Gas||
|Takagi T-KJr2-IN-LP Indoor||Propane||
|Takagi T-H3-DV-N||Natural Gas||
|Takagi T-K4-OS-NG Outdoor||Natural Gas||
|Takagi T-KJr2-OS-NG Outdoor||Natural Gas||
TOP 5 Takagi Tankless Water Heater Review
Takagi tankless water heater Company usually offers a very decent selection of the gas-fired tankless heaters for commercial and residential applications; from the low demand applications such as condos or small offices to the larger homes having multiple baths and also for usage in industries. Here is the Takagi tankless water heater reviews for their top 5 model:
Released in 2010, the Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG water heaters are the smallest units in the Takagi line of tankless water heaters. This small yet powerful unit is able to meet all hot-water needs of a small apartment or home with 1 or 2 bathrooms. The model has been designed to do nearly anything that 40-gallon tank water heaters do. The compact and wall mounted Takagi T-K Jr. can support the radiant floor or hydronic baseboard heating applications. It also provides domestic hot water supply to plumbing appliances and fixtures.
The Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG is environmentally friendly and cost-efficient. It can also be converted into the direct-vent unit just by making use of the optional TV10 conversion kit for installation in a utility closet, garage or any other confined space where makeup air might be limited.Main Features:
- 15-year warranty on the heat exchangers and 5-year warranty on parts
- The Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG has a 0.82 Energy Factor for the Natural Gas
- Maximum flow rate of 8.0 gallons/minute at 35 degrees F temperature rise (4.4 GPM at 70 degrees F rise)
- Includes both a power cord and remote control as standard features
- Venting with the Category III stainless steel
- It has several safety features including surge protection, freeze, overheat and the troubleshooting diagnostic codes
- Inlet Gas Pressure: Minimum: 5.0″ W.C. and Maximum of 10.5″ W.C.
- Dimensions: 20.3″ H by 13.8″ W by 6.7″ D
- It has a Direct Vent Capability
The Takagi T-KJR2-IN-LP tankless water heater is the most compact heater in the Takagi tankless water heater line. Designed to offer an endless supplies of hot water alongside radiant heating for the smaller homes, The T-KJR2-IN-LP uses similar innovative technologies as the original Takagi heater – only on a smaller scale.
This small gas water heater is perfect for cottages, camps as well as other specific applications where smaller volumes of hot water are desired. The compact size also means that you’ll save valuable floor space. As a result, you won’t have to worry about the wastage of space while installing this great water heater.Main Features:
- The T-KJR2-IN-LP has a capacity of one to two Showers (Depending on the climate)
- Gas Fired Water Heater
- Direct Vent and Indoor Installation Only
- Safety Features include the Air-Fuel Ratio Sensor, Water Temperature and Exhaust Safety Control and the Overheat Cut-off Fuse
- It has the Internal Freeze Protection Systems
- Manual reset switch
- The T-KJR-IN-LP has a power Cord that’s included
- Min 19,500 BTU per hour
- Max 140,000 BTU per hour
- Energy Factor of 0.82
- Dimensions of H 20.3″ by W 13.8″ by D 8.5″
- Weight of 33 lbs
The Takagi T-H3-DV-N is a 59 pound higher efficient Natural Gas heater with the ability to produce 10 gallons/minute. The Takagi T-H3 has dimension of 11.2 by 17.8 by 24.9 inches. This unit also occupies little space in homes. It has been designed for the indoor installation and has a higher energy star rating with gas inputs of close to 199,000 BTU/hour. This makes the heater highly efficient in continuous supply of the hot water to up to 4 bathrooms in the warmer climates or 3 in the colder climates.Main Features:
- Provides Ultra-Low NOx Condensing Technologies
- Significant Energy Savings of 0.95 Energy Factor
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified
- It has a durable HRS35 Commercial-Grade Primary Copper Heat Exchanger
- It has electronic Ignition
- The T-H3-DV-N Indoor Model that has Built-in Diagnostics and Temperature Controller
- Factory-Installed Power Cords are Included for the Indoor Models
- Complies with the Lead Free Standards
- The water heater is suitable for the commercial application
- Easy-Link up to four heaters with no Additional Accessories or Parts Needed
- The T-H3-DV-N has Multi-Link features of up to 20 Units
- Internal Freeze Protection Systems
- It has Direct Vent Power Design that makes it flexible
- Venting with CPVC, ABS or PVC
The Takagi tankless T-K4 is a compact and wall-mounted whole-house heater that’s designed to provide endless and on-demand supply of the hot water in large amounts. The T-K4/U water heaters are used for space heating in commercial and residential applications. It is also very reliable and efficient.
The Takagi Tankless T-K4 is the perfect tankless heater for smaller households and families that only use less than two hot water appliances at a time.Main Features:
- Fully modulating and gas fired tankless heater
- Outdoor installation only
- Several safety features that include the water temperature safety controls
- The Takagi Tankless T-K4 has internal Freeze-Protection Systems
- It has manual reset high limit switches
- The heater offers both vertical and horizontal installation;
- Fuel Type: Natural Gas;
- Max BTU Rating of 190,000 BTU per hour
- Min BTU Rating of 11,000 BTU per hour
- Maximum Flow Rate of 8 Gallons/Minute
This is an environmentally friendly and cost-efficient water heater. The Takagi T-KJr2-OS-NG can also be converted to direct-vent units using the optional TV10 conversions kit for installation in the garages and other confined spaces.Main Features:
- The model has Manual reset high limit switches
- Capacity of 1 to 2 Bathrooms
- Flow Rate: Max 6.6 GPM
- Gas Inputs: 19,500-140,000 BTU/hour
- Energy Factor Rating of 0.82
- Internal Freeze-Protection Systems
- The heater offers Outdoor installation only
- Fully modulating, gas fired water heater
- Inlet Gas Pressure: Max 10.5″ W.C and Min: 5.0″ W.C.
- Dimensions: 20.3″ H by 13.8″ W by 6.7″ D
- No venting is required
- It has an Electric Ignition
A hot shower is luxury of the modern life that should not be taken for granted. For close to a century, Takagi has enjoyed a good reputation as a world-class innovator as well as supplier in the tankless water heater’s industry.
To sum it up, Takagi offers a wide array of water heaters – they come in different shapes and sizes, they are easy to handle and install and they are designed to protect the surrounding environment by lowering the energy and water consumption. These heaters are cost-effective solutions for improving the comfort of your home.
***Are you interested to know more about the Best Tankless water heater brands? Check out Tankless Water Heater Reviews for the best brands.***